Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm Still Alive

"I'm Still Alive" so said Eddy Vedder in the Classic Grunge anthem of the same name. So am I, that was the first Grunge song I had ever heard. I was instantly hooked and from that moment forth I had to listen to every Grunge band and song I could. Over the years that song has given me great pleasure and different meaning. I can remember playing shows at the Arnada Cafe with my old band and we would all play pool in the back room and load up the Juke Box, When "Alive" came on we would all start singing some time 2 or three other bands would sing along with us as we played pool. It was one giant Rock N Roll chorus, I wish I could have gotten a tape of that, it makes any Rock Opera I have ever heard sound weak by comparison.

I still get inspiration from that song. I was listening to it today and thinking how awesome that phase 90 sounds on the solo, so I thought what they heck lets try that on my bass and man what a sound, I think it sounds better on my Bass than on my guitar.

No comments: