Monday, August 20, 2007

Myspace Total World Domination?

What is up with everyone and their brother on myspace? I'll admit I have a myspace page, but I still have a regular dot com that I own and operate. I see many bands now that don't even bother with a dotcom now a days. I guess they are playing it safe In case their band breaks up. That way they do not end up owning a worthless web domain.

What is disturbing is that myspace is monopolizing every aspect of bands online presences from song hosting, video hosting, blogging etc. I got this blog just because I was sick of the lame myspace blog and I just don't want all my eggs in one basket anymore. What if myspace decides to delete you for TOS violation? yep that's right your whole web presence is gone and you are not even used to email anymore because you do all your messaging on myspace.

I also hate the cookie cutter aspect of myspace, sure you can "pimp" out your page but you are only using the same basic codes as a million other dorks and there is really no surprise, you just end up with a slow loading cookie cutter page.

Just my two cents

No comments: