I got out the old B.C Rich Bass the other day and dusted it off. I have had this idea of forming a Bass-Drum duo or even a Bass-Drum-Keyboard power trio. Something super freaking heavy!!!! anyway I thought It would be cool to have one of them psychedelic paint jobs on there like Eric Clapton had on his SG in Cream. Since Sarah is an artist and always looking for a new project I asked her to paint it for me. Sounds simple but it's not. So many choices colors, textures patterns. I just showed her a pic of the Moody Blues Days of Future Past and said "If you can make it look like this I'll be stoked. Now for the really hard part she is going to paint it but I have to do all the sanding and prep work. :-( I hate sanding but it will be worth it.
I have not played my bass in a long time. I'm really enjoying it. I got to be careful not to blast the neighbors away with it but it has been fun. Well got to go grab my Six string and practice, I got another bad ass session tomorrow with Destroyer and Ray!!!!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Painting Guitars
Labels:
b.c. rich,
blues,
clapton,
cream,
days of future past,
moody,
painted guitar,
sg,
tombstoner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment